World, pay attention
If you have someone on hold for more than 2 minutes. No matter how many times your automated voice tells us:
- You appreciate our patience
- Our call is important to you
- Your agents are busy helping other customers
It does not mean:
- That you actually care about us beyond an income source
- You appreciate anything beyond which hold music you choose to entertain us
- Your outsourced, english mangling, under paid, phone drones, are actually supplying help
World: And I am speaking to you Corporate America:
If you really are sorry to keep us on hold....
HIRE MORE PEOPLE AND BUY MORE PHONE LINES
If you really want to help us....Stop using phone trees that lead only to forons (foreign morons) reading a script.
And most importantly... Give us a direct line to the person who will fix the problem instead of transfering us 5 times to 4 forons who will transfer us to the person who has no direct phone number
I got to talk to 4 people with hindu accents that finally transfered me to a woman in a tacoma regional station to set up a house call because our tv is out.
Total phone time for this adventure:
5 calls, 2 transfers to busy signals, 1 transfer to 30 minutes hold time and a disconnect, 1 transfer to an unattended headset.
Total time on phone: 48 minutes 35 seconds.
Total times automated voice told my patience was appreciated: 37
What You Own - Rent (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)