I like this one. Having lived in both states of Pennsylvania and also the state of Ohio, this was something that I was always strongly aware of.
This also is everyone's chance to see how intollerant I was about things in Pittsburgh.
1. A body of water, smaller than a river, contained within relatively narrow banks? Creek ; rhymes with EEEK! not Ick.
2. What is the thing you push around the grocery store? Shopping Cart.
3. A metal container to carry a meal in? Lunch box
4. The thing that you cook bacon and eggs in? Frying Pan
5. The piece of furniture that seats three people? Sofa.
6. The device on the outside of the house that carries rain off the roof? Gutter
7. The covered area outside a house where people sit in the evening? Porch
8. Carbonated, sweetened, non-alcoholic beverages? SODA! SODA, SODA, SODA! It is not POP!!!! (AAAAHHHH!!!!!)
9. A flat, round breakfast food served with syrup? Pankcake
10. A long sandwich designed to be a whole meal in itself? Sub, Hero...
11. The piece of clothing worn by men at the beach? Swim trunks
12. Shoes worn for sports? Tennis Shoes, Sneakers.
13. Putting a room in order? Cleaning, Tidying. (It is not Redd Up) Shiver.
14. A flying insect that glows in the dark? Firefly
15. The little insect that curls up into a ball? Pill bug?
16. The children's playground equipment where one kid sits on one side and goes up while the other sits on the other side and goes down? Seesaw
17. How do you eat your pizza? Sadly, now without cheese. But I like all the standard toppings: Pepperoni, Beef, Sausage, Mushrooms, Green Peppers, Olives... Sometimes I'll go with the Ham & Pineapple. Simple round crust.
18. What's it called when private citizens put up signs and sell their used stuff? Garage sale or Yard sale
19. What's the evening meal? Dinner
20. An area of trees, greater than an acre: Could be a grove... Could be a Forest...
21. What you call an object with polyester fibre-fill on the inside and furry/fuzzy fabric on the outside, usually formed in the image of an animal? Used to be a stuffed animal. As the proliferation of non-animal increased I've taken to calling them, "Plushies!"
22. a) What do you call "one dollar" in your currency? Ugly and plain... Oh, Typically a Buck or a Dollar.
22. b) What do you call "one thousand dollars" in your currency? A grand.
23. What material is a 320mL soft drink container made of? Aluminum (a-LOO-mi-num). And it's because I forget to say "aluminium" (a-loo-MIN-ee-um) that always clues people to my English Accent being engineered.
24. (For pne =) What do you call that liquid stuff you put in your car to make it run? Gas
25. What do you call the thing they give you to wipe your mouth with at restaurants (whether it's paper or linen)? Napkin. Sometimes they give you a moist towelette!
26. What is that stretchable thing that you can wrap aroung to hold a bunch of papers or pencils or can be fired at people ;) ? Rubber band
27. How do you pronounce the state north of Oregon? Wahshington.
28. Fill in either or both of the blanks if you feel it is needed:
"The room needs _______ cleaned _______" The room needs to be cleaned. It shouldn't be cleaned up because a prepostion should never be used to end a sentence with. ;)
29. Those 3 colour electronic thingees that help traffic not run into each other. Trafic signal. (I've heard people refer to them as Redlights, as those people live in areas where they are always red.
30a) A closed roadway that has high traffic and marked exits and on-ramps: Highway.
30b) Name the one closest to you. I have succumbed. When I was out east, I lived near 95. Now I live near The 5. Out in L.A. people need the article "The" for highway names. Which 5? THE 5.
31) You all, You ones? Y'all? Yinz? Oh heavens
Bonus What the hell does Yoi! mean?!?!?